VMware 5V0-41.21 VMware NSX-T Data Center 3.1 Security Online Trainingexams
VMware 5V0-41.21 Online Training
The questions for 5V0-41.21 were last updated at Dec 08,2023.
- Exam Code: 5V0-41.21
- Exam Name: VMware NSX-T Data Center 3.1 Security
- Certification Provider: VMware
- Latest update: Dec 08,2023
Which three are required by URL Analysis? (Choose three.)
- A . NSX Enterprise or higher license key
- B . Tier-1 gateway
- C . Tier-0 gateway
- D . OFW rule allowing traffic OUT to Internet
- E . Medium-sized edge node (or higher), or a physical form factor edge
- F . Layer 7 DNS firewall rule on NSX Edge cluster
To use URL Analysis, you will need to have a Tier-1 gateway and a Layer 7 DNS firewall rule on the NSX Edge cluster. Additionally, you will need to configure an OFW rule allowing traffic OUT to the Internet. Lastly, a medium-sized edge node (or higher), or a physical form factor edge is also required as the URL Analysis service will run on the edge node. For more information, please see this VMware Documentation article, which explains how to configure URL Analysis on NSX.
What needs to be configured on each transport node prior to using NSX-T Data Center Distributed Firewall time-based rule publishing?
- A . DNS
- B . NTP
- C . PAT
- D . NAT
In order to use NSX-T Data Center Distributed Firewall time-based rule publishing, the NTP (Network Time Protocol) needs to be configured on each transport node. This ensures that the transport nodes have accurate time synchronization, which is required for time-based rule publishing. Additionally, DNS (Domain Name System) and PAT (Port Address Translation) may also need to be configured on each transport node, depending on the desired configuration. References:
6A17A6F39A6C.html  https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-NSX-T/2.4/com.vmware.nsxt.admin.doc/GUID-E9F8D8AD-7AF1-4F09-B62C-6A17A6F39A6C.html
An NSX administrator is trying to find the dvfilter name of the sa-web-01 virtual machine to capture the sa-web-01 VM traffic.
What could be a reason the sa-web-01 VM dvfilter name is missing from the command output?
- A . sa-web-01 VM has the no firewall rules configured.
- B . ESXi host has 5SH disabled.
- C . sa-web-01 is powered Off on ESXi host.
- D . ESXi host has the firewall turned off.
The most likely reason the sa-web-01 VM dvfilter name is missing from the command output is that the sa-web-01 VM is powered off on the ESXi host. The dvfilter name is associated with the VM when it is powered on, and is removed when the VM is powered off. Therefore, if the VM is powered off, then the dvfilter name will not be visible in the command output. Other possible reasons could be that the ESXi host has the firewall turned off, the ESXi host has 5SH disabled, or that the sa-web-01 VM has no firewall rules configured.
References:  https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2143718  https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-NSX-T/3.0/vmware-nsx-t-30-administration-guide/GUID-AC3CC8A3-B2DE-4A53-8F09-B8EEE3E3C7D1.html
Which two statements are true about IDS/IPS signatures? (Choose two.)
- A . Users can upload their own IDS signature definitions from the NSX UI.
- B . IDS Signatures can be High Risk, Suspicious, Low Risk and Trustworthy.
- C . Users can create their own IDS signature definitions from the NSX UI.
- D . An IDS signature contains data used to identify known exploits and vulnerabilities.
- E . An IDS signature contains a set of instructions that determine which traffic is analyzed.
An organization is using VMware Identity Manager (vIDM) to authenticate NSX-T Data Center users Which two selections are prerequisites before configuring the service? (Choose two.)
- A . Validate vIDM functionality
- B . Assign a role to users
- C . Time Synchronization
- D . Configure vIDM Integration
- E . Certificate Thumbprint from vIDM
The two prerequisites before configuring the VMware Identity Manager (vIDM) service for NSX-T Data Center are Configure vIDM Integration and Certificate Thumbprint from vIDM. In order to use vIDM for authentication, it must be integrated with NSX-T Data Center, which will involve configuring the vIDM integration service. Additionally, a certificate thumbprint from vIDM must be provided to NSX-T Data Center to enable secure communication between the two services. Time synchronization and assigning roles to users are not necessary prerequisites for configuring the vIDM service.
References:  https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-NSX-T/3.0/vmware-nsx-t-30-administration-guide/GUID-1B4EA3C9-8F43-4C4F-A86A-BFB0DB6D1A6C.html  https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Identity-Manager/3.3/com.vmware.identity.install.doc/GUID-D56A0C0A-52F
Which esxcli command lists the firewall configuration on ESXi hosts?
- A . esxcli network firewall ruleset list
- B . vsipioct1 getrules -filter <filter-name>
- C . esxcli network firewall rules
- D . vsipioct1 getrules -f <filter-name>
This command allows you to display the current firewall ruleset configuration on an ESXi host.
It will show the ruleset names, whether they are enabled or disabled, and the services and ports that the ruleset applies to.
For example, you can use the command "esxcli network firewall ruleset list" to list all the firewall rulesets on the host.
You can also use the command "esxcli network firewall ruleset rule list -r <ruleset_name>" to display detailed information of the specific ruleset, where <ruleset_name> is the name of the ruleset you want to display.
It’s important to note that you need to have access to the ESXi host’s command-line interface (CLI) and have appropriate permissions to run this command.
Which three are required to configure a firewall rule on a getaway to allow traffic from the internal to web servers? (Choose three.)
- A . Create a URL analysis profile for web hosting category.
- B . Create a firewall rule in System category.
- C . Enable Firewall Service for gateway.
- D . Create a firewall policy in Local Gateway category.
- E . Add a firewall rule in Local Gateway category.
- F . Disable the firewall rule in Default category.
In order to configure a firewall rule on a gateway to allow traffic from the internal to web servers, the administrator needs to enable the Firewall Service for the gateway, create a firewall policy in the Local Gateway category, and add a firewall rule in the Local Gateway category. This firewall rule should specify the web servers as the destination and the internal network as the source.
For more information on how to configure firewall rules on a gateway, please refer to the NSX-T Data Center documentation: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-NSX-T-Data-Center/3.0/nsx-t-3.0-firewall/GUID-3A79CA7A-9D5E-4F2B-8F75-4EA298E4A4D5.html
Which are two use-cases for the NSX Distributed Firewall'(Choose two.)
- A . Zero-Trust with segmentation
- B . Security Analytics
- C . Lateral Movement of Attacks prevention
- D . Software defined networking
- E . Network Visualization
Zero-Trust with segmentation is a security strategy that uses micro-segmentation to protect a network from malicious actors. By breaking down the network into smaller segments, the NSX Distributed Firewall can create a zero-trust architecture which limits access to only users and devices that have been authorized. This reduces the risk of a malicious actor gaining access to sensitive data and systems.
Lateral Movement of Attacks prevention is another use-case for the NSX Distributed Firewall. Lateral movement of attacks are when an attacker is already inside the network and attempts to move laterally between systems. The NSX Distributed Firewall can help protect the network from these attacks by controlling the flow of traffic between systems and preventing unauthorized access.
References: https://www.vmware.com/products/nsx/distributed-firewall.html https://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/definition/zero-trust-network
A security administrator is required to protect East-West virtual machine traffic with the NSX Distributed Firewall.
What must be completed with the virtual machine’s vNIC before applying the rules?
- A . It is connected to the underlay.
- B . It must be connected to a vSphere Standard Switch.
- C . It is connected to an NSX managed segment.
- D . It is connected to a transport zone.
In order to apply the rules, the vNIC of the virtual machine must be connected to an NSX managed segment. The NSX managed segment is a logical representation of the virtual network, and all rules are applied at this level.
For more information on NSX Distributed Firewall and how to configure it, please refer to the NSX-T Data Center documentation: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-NSX-T-Data-Center/3.0/nsx-t-3.0-firewall/GUID-B6B835F2-B6F2-4468-8F8E-6F7B9B9D6E91.html
An administrator wants to use Distributed Intrusion Detection.
How is this implemented in an NSX-T Data Center?
- A . As a distributed solution across multiple ESXi hosts.
- B . As a distributed solution across multiple KVM hosts.
- C . As a distributed solution across multiple NSX Managers.
- D . As a distributed solution across multiple NSX Edge nodes.
Distributed Intrusion Detection System (IDS) is part of the NSX-T data center and operates on multiple ESXi hosts.