VMware 5V0-21.20 VMware Certified Master Specialist (HCI 2020) Online Trainingexams
VMware 5V0-21.20 Online Training
The questions for 5V0-21.20 were last updated at Nov 26,2023.
- Exam Code: 5V0-21.20
- Exam Name: VMware Certified Master Specialist (HCI 2020)
- Certification Provider: VMware
- Latest update: Nov 26,2023
A solution architect is considering a vSAN Cluster with two hosts per rack. The design should be configured to minimize the potential exposure to rack failure with the capacity to automatically restore compliance with the configured vSAN storage policy.
Which design consideration would minimize potential risks?
- A . Create four fault domains and failures to tolerate set to one with mirroring.
- B . Create four fault domains and failures to tolerate set to two with mirroring.
- C . Create four fault domains and failures to tolerate set to one with Erasure Coding.
- D . Create four fault domains and failures to tolerate set to two with Erasure Coding.
A company has reserved the last Saturday of the month to conduct server maintenance. An administrator is allowed to perform maintenance from 5 AM to 12 PM. During the upcoming maintenance window, the administrator will upgrade the controller driver, controller firmware, and vSphere version.
• vCenter is already at the latest version
• 5 node vSAN cluster
• The VMs are using a mix of RAID-0, RAID-1, and RAID-5 policies
• Each node is storing 20 TBs worth of VMs
Which maintenance mode option will allow an administrator to successfully perform the required upgrades, while ensuring all VMs remain online?
- A . Full data migration
- B . No Data Migration
- C . Ensure Accessibility
- D . Admission Control Enabled
A vSAN administrator wants to implement end-to-end prioritization of vSAN traffic across the network in a shared network infrastructure that is using vSphere Distributed Switches (VDS).
Which two can help achieve this objective? (Choose two.)
- A . Configure CoS or DSCP with high priority tag at the VDS and equivalent in the physical network.
- B . Enable jumbo frames for vSAN VMkernel ports and configure LACP for optimal load balancing.
- C . Enable Network I/O Control and allocate higher shares for vSAN traffic.
- D . Configure multiple vSAN VMkernel interfaces to load balance across multiple uplinks.
- E . Enable network resource pool at the VDS level to prioritize vSAN traffic
An infrastructure architect is submitting a proposal for a vSAN Cluster.
These are the customer’s requirements:
• Maximize the amount of usable capacity.
• Deduplication and compression will be enabled to help maximize usable capacity.
Which disk group configuration should the architect include in their design?
- A . One disk group with one flash device for cache and six flash devices for capacity.
- B . Three disk groups with one flash device for cache and two flash devices for capacity per disk group.
- C . Five disk groups with one flash device for cache and one magnetic device for capacity per disk group.
- D . One disk group with one flash device for cache and six magnetic devices for capacity.
An administrator observes this health check warning:
Controller firmware is VMware certified
They proceed to update the latest firmware on the Storage Controller. After a successful firmware upgrade, the same health check alert continues to display.
Which statement is true?
- A . Controller is not VMware certified and hence any firmware version displays a warning.
- B . The recently installed firmware is yet to be certified and included in VMware Compatibility Guide.
- C . The VMware vSAN Health Service needs to be restarted for changes to take effect.
- D . The alert can be ignored and silenced, since the firmware is newer than the recommended firmware.
As part of a security strategy for data, a company has elected to migrate to a new KMS system.
Existing vSAN clusters are configured for Data At Rest Encryption. Considering the scenario, which statement is true?
- A . Full data evacuation will be required to use the new KMS system.
- B . Existing unencrypted datastores can be encrypted without data migration.
- C . Existing encrypted vSAN Clusters will need to be decrypted to use the new KMS system.
- D . Keys from the new KMS system can be applied without any data movement.
Which storage policy can be assigned to virtual machines In a 5-node, all flash vSAN cluster, to provide the highest level of redundancy?
- A . 2 failures – RAID-1 (Mirroring)
- B . 1 failure – RAID-5 (Erasure Coding)
- C . 2 failures – RAID-6 (Erasure Coding)
- D . 3 failures – RAID-1 (Mirroring)
Refer to the exhibit.
An administrator is managing a 4-node, hybrid vSAN cluster. One of the hosts in the cluster went offline.
Referencing the information displayed in the resyncing objects section of the vSAN UI, what is the current state of this cluster?
- A . Offline host reconnected to the cluster and all objects are synchronized.
- B . Objects will be resynchronized when the Object Repair Timer expires.
- C . Resync Throttling has caused data resynchronization scheduling.
- D . Metadata resynchronization is scheduled to occur every 60 minutes.
Which is true of the vSAN iSCSI target service?
- A . It is a VMware supported cost effective way to provide shared storage to another hypervisor.
- B . The vSAN default storage policy determines the characteristics of the vSAN iSCSI target service storage objects.
- C . Security is provided through the iSCSI CHAP & Mutual CHAP Authentication methods.
- D . It is a VMware supported solution to provide iSCSI targets to applications that require multiple connections per session (MCS).
Where would an administrator enable deduplication and compression in a vSAN environment?
- A . at the cluster level under vSAN services
- B . at the object level using storage policies
- C . at the host level using ESXCLI commands
- D . at the disk group level