Juniper JN0-231 Security – Associate (JNCIA-SEC) Online Trainingexams
Juniper JN0-231 Online Training
The questions for JN0-231 were last updated at Dec 08,2023.
- Exam Code: JN0-231
- Exam Name: Security - Associate (JNCIA-SEC)
- Certification Provider: Juniper
- Latest update: Dec 08,2023
Which Web filtering solution uses a direct Internet-based service for URL categorization?
- A . Juniper ATP Cloud
- B . Websense Redirect
- C . Juniper Enhanced Web Filtering
- D . local blocklist
Juniper Enhanced Web Filtering is a web filtering solution that uses a direct Internet-based service for URL categorization. This service allows Enhanced Web Filtering to quickly and accurately categorize URLs and other web content, providing real-time protection against malicious content. Additionally, Enhanced Web Filtering is able to provide detailed reporting on web usage, as well as the ability to define and enforce acceptable use policies.
What is the default value of the dead peer detection (DPD) interval for an IPsec VPN tunnel?
- A . 20 seconds
- B . 5 seconds
- C . 10 seconds
- D . 40 seconds
The default value of the dead peer detection (DPD) interval for an IPsec VPN tunnel is 5 seconds. DPD is a mechanism that enables the IPsec device to detect if the peer is still reachable or if the IPsec VPN tunnel is still active. The DPD interval determines how often the IPsec device sends DPD packets to the peer to check the status of the VPN tunnel. A value of 5 seconds is a common default, but the specific value can vary depending on the IPsec device and its configuration.
Juniper Networks Technical Documentation: Configuring IPsec VPNs: https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/task/configuration/ipsec-vpn-overview-srx-series.html
Which three operating systems are supported for installing and running Juniper Secure Connect client software? (Choose three.)
- A . Windows 7
- B . Android
- C . Windows 10
- D . Linux
- E . macOS
Juniper Secure Connect client software is supported on the following three operating systems: Windows 7, Windows 10, and macOS. For more information, please refer to the Juniper Secure Connect Administrator Guide, which can be found on Juniper’s website. The guide states: "The Juniper Secure Connect client is supported on Windows 7, Windows 10, and macOS." It also provides detailed instructions on how to install and configure the software for each of these operating systems.
Which two statements are correct about the integrated user firewall feature? (Choose two.)
- A . It maps IP addresses to individual users.
- B . It supports IPv4 addresses.
- C . It allows tracking of non-Windows Active Directory users.
- D . It uses the LDAP protocol.
When creating a site-to-site VPN using the J-Web shown in the exhibit, which statement is correct?
- A . The remote gateway is configured automatically based on the local gateway settings.
- B . RIP, OSPF, and BGP are supported under Routing mode.
- C . The authentication method is pre-shared key or certificate based.
- D . Privately routable IP addresses are required.
You are installing a new SRX Series device and you are only provided one IP address from your ISP.
In this scenario, which NAT solution would you implement?
- A . pool-based NAT with PAT
- B . pool-based NAT with address shifting
- C . interface-based source NAT
- D . pool-based NAT without PAT
Which statement is correct about Web filtering?
- A . The Juniper Enhanced Web Filtering solution requires a locally managed server.
- B . The decision to permit or deny is based on the body content of an HTTP packet.
- C . The decision to permit or deny is based on the category to which a URL belongs.
- D . The client can receive an e-mail notification when traffic is blocked.
Web filtering is a feature that allows administrators to control access to websites by categorizing URLs into different categories such as gambling, social networking, or adult content. The decision to permit or deny access to a website is based on the category to which a URL belongs. This is done by comparing the URL against a database of categorized websites and making a decision based on the policy defined by the administrator.
Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateway Web Filtering Configuration Guide: https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/topic-map/security-services-web-filtering.html
Which two non-configurable zones exist by default on an SRX Series device? (Choose two.)
- A . Junos-host
- B . functional
- C . null
- D . management
Junos-host and null are two non-configurable zones that exist by default on an SRX Series device. Junos-host is the default zone for all internal interfaces and services, such as management and other loopback interfaces. The null zone is used to accept all traffic that is not explicitly accepted by other security policies, and is the default zone for all unclassified traffic. Both zones cannot be modified or deleted.
Which two statements about the Junos OS CLI are correct? (Choose two.)
- A . The default configuration requires you to log in as the admin user.
- B . A factory-default login assigns the hostname Amnesiac to the device.
- C . Most Juniper devices identify the root login prompt using the % character.
- D . Most Juniper devices identify the root login prompt using the > character.
The two correct statements about the Junos OS CLI are that the default configuration requires you to log in as the admin user, and that most Juniper devices identify the root login prompt using the > character. The factory-default login assigns the hostname "juniper" to the device and the root login prompt is usually identified with the % character. More information about the Junos OS CLI can be found in the Juniper Networks technical documentation here: https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/reference/command-summary/cli-overview.html.