Microsoft MD-100 Windows Client Online Trainingexams
Microsoft MD-100 Online Training
The questions for MD-100 were last updated at Dec 08,2023.
- Exam Code: MD-100
- Exam Name: Windows Client
- Certification Provider: Microsoft
- Latest update: Dec 08,2023
Topic 1, Fabrikam, Inc.
This is a case study. Case studies are not timed separately. You can use as much exam times as you would like to complete each case. However, there may be additional studies and sections on this exam. You must manage your time to ensure that you are able to complete all questions included on this exam in the time provided.
To answer the questions included in a case study, you will need to reference information that is provided in the case study. Case studies might contain exhibits and other resources that provide more information about the scenario that is described in the case study. Each question is independent of the other questions in this case study.
At the end of this case study, a review screen will appear. This screen allows you to review your answers and to make changes before you move to the next section of the exam. After you begin a new section, you cannot return to this section.
To start the case study
To display the first question in this case study, click the Next button. Use the buttons in the left pane to explore the content of the case study before you answer the questions. Clicking these buttons displays information such as business requirements, existing environment, and problem statements. When you are ready to answer a question, click the Question button to return to the question.
Fabrikam, Inc. is a distribution company that has 500 employees and 100 contractors.
The network contains an Active Directory forest named fabrikam.com. The forest is synced to Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD). All the employees are assigned Microsoft 365 E3 licenses.
The domain contains a user account for an employee named User10.
All the employees have computers that run Windows 10 Enterprise. All the computers are installed without Volume License Keys. Windows 10 license keys are never issued.
All the employees register their computer to Azure AD when they first receive the computer.
User10 has a computer named Computer10.
All the contractors have their own computer that runs Windows 10. None of the computers are joined to Azure AD.
Fabrikam has the following operational procedures:
Updates are deployed by using Windows Update for Business.
When new contractors are hired, administrators must help the contactors configure the following settings on their computer:
– User certificates
– Browser security and proxy settings
– Wireless network connection settings
The following security policies are enforced on all the client computers in the domain:
✑ All the computers are encrypted by using BitLocker Drive Encryption (BitLocker). BitLocker recovery information is stored in Active Directory and Azure AD.
✑ The local Administrators group on each computer contains an enabled account named LocalAdmin.
✑ The LocalAdmin account is managed by using Local Administrator Password Solution (LAPS).
Fabrikam identifies the following issues:
✑ Employees in the finance department use an application named Application1.
Application1 frequently crashes due to a memory error. When Application1 crashes, an event is written to the application log and an administrator runs a script to delete the temporary files and restart the application.
✑ When employees attempt to connect to the network from their home computer, they often cannot establish a VPN connection because of misconfigured VPN settings.
✑ An employee has a computer named Computer11. Computer11 has a hardware failure that prevents the computer from connecting to the network.
✑ User10 reports that Computer10 is not activated.
Fabrikam identifies the following technical requirements for managing the client computers:
✑ Provide employees with a configuration file to configure their VPN connection.
✑ Use the minimum amount of administrative effort to implement the technical requirements.
✑ Identify which employees’ computers are noncompliant with the Windows Update baseline of the company.
✑ Ensure that the service desk uses Quick Assist to take remote control of an employee’s desktop during support calls.
✑ Automate the configuration of the contractors’ computers. The solution must
provide a configuration file that the contractors can open from a Microsoft SharePoint site to apply the required configurations.
An employee reports that she must perform a BitLocker recovery on her laptop. The employee does not have her BitLocker recovery key but does have a Windows 10 desktop computer.
What should you instruct the employee to do from the desktop computer?
- A . Run themanage-bde.exe Cstatus command
- B . From BitLocker Recovery Password Viewer, view the computer object of the laptop
- C . Go to https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com and view the user account profile
- D . Run the Enable-BitLockerAutoUnlock cmdlet
You need to reduce the amount of time it takes to restart Application1 when the application crashes.
What should you include in the solution? To answer, select the appropriate options in the answer area. NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.
You need to implement a solution to configure the contractors’ computers.
What should you do? To answer, select the appropriate options in the answer area. NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.
You need to take remote control of an employee’s computer to troubleshoot an issue.
What should you send to the employee to initiate a remote session?
- A . a numeric security code
- B . a connection file
- C . an Easy Connect request
- D . a password
You need to recommend a solution to monitor update deployments.
What should you include in the recommendation?
- A . Windows Server Update (WSUS)
- B . the Update Management solution in Azure Automation
- C . the Update Compliance solution in Azure Log Analytics
- D . the Azure Security Center
You need to ensure that User10 can activate Computer10.
What should you do?
- A . Request that a Windows 10 Enterprise license be assigned to User10, and then activate Computer10.
- B . From the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), add a Volume License Key to a task sequence, and then redeploy Computer10.
- C . From System Properties on Computer10, enter a Volume License Key, and then activate Computer10.
- D . Request that User10 perform a local AutoPilot Reset on Computer10, and then activate Computer10.
You need to sign in as LocalAdmin on Computer11.
What should you do first?
- A . From the LAPS UI tool, view the administrator account password for the computer object of Computer11.
- B . From Local Security Policy, edit the policy password settings on Computer11.
- C . From the LAPS UI tool, reset the administrator account password for the computer object of Computer11.
- D . From Microsoft Intune, edit the policy password settings on Computer11.
You need to recommend a solution to configure the employee VPN connections.
What should you include in the recommendation?
- A . Remote Access Management Console
- B . Group Policy Management Console (GPMC)
- C . Connection Manager Administration Kit (CMAK)
- D . Microsoft Intune
Topic 2, Contoso, Ltd
Contoso, Ltd. is a consulting company that has a main office in Montreal and two branch offices in Seattle and New York.
Contoso has IT, human resources (HR), and finance departments.
Contoso recently opened a new branch office in San Diego. All the users in the San Diego office work from home.
Contoso uses Microsoft 365.
The on-premises network contains an Active Directory domain named contoso.com. The domain is synced to Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).
All computers run Windows 10 Enterprise.
You have four computers named Computer1, Computer2, Computer3, and ComputerA. ComputerA is in a workgroup on an isolated network segment and runs the Long Term Servicing Channel version of Windows 10. ComputerA connects to a manufacturing system and is business critical. All the other computers are joined to the domain and run the Semi-Annual Channel version of Windows 10.
In the domain, you create four groups named Group1, Group2, Group3, and Group4.
Computer2 has the local Group Policy settings shown in the following table.
The computers are updated by using Windows Update for Business.
The domain has the users shown in the following table.
Computer1 has the local users shown in the following table.
Contoso plans to purchase computers preinstalled with Windows 10 Pro for all the San Diego office users.
Contoso identifies the following technical requirements:
– The computers in the San Diego office must be upgraded automatically to Windows 10 Enterprise and must be joined to Azure AD the first time a user starts each new computer. End users must not be required to accept the End User License Agreement (EULA).
– Helpdesk users must be able to troubleshoot Group Policy object (GPO) processing on the Windows 10 computers. The helpdesk users must be able to identify which Group Policies are applied to the computers.
– Users in the HR department must be able to view the list of files in a folder named D:Reports on Computer3.
– Computer A must be configured to have an Encrypting File System (EFS) recovery agent.
– Quality update installations must be deferred as long as possible on ComputerA.
– Users in the IT department must use dynamic look on their primary device.
– User6 must be able to connect to Computer2 by using Remote Desktop.
– The principle of least privilege must be used whenever possible.
– Administrative effort must be minimized whenever possible.
– Assigned access must be configured on Computer1.
You need to meet the technical requirement for the IT department users.
What should you do first?
- A . Issue computer certificates
- B . Distribute USB keys to the IT department users.
- C . Enable screen saver and configure a timeout.
- D . Turn on Bluetooth.
You need to meet the technical requirements for EFS on Computer A.
What should you do?
- A . Runcertutil.exe, and then add a certificate to the local computer certificate store.
- B . Runcipher.exe, and then add a certificate to the local computer certificate store.
- C . Runcipher.exe, and then add a certificate to the local Group Policy.
- D . Runcertutil.exe, and then add a certificate to the local Group Policy.